When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OA b4 and after?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

flyingtaco

Finally riding a big boys bike
Did I leave it in long enough? It seems like I could have done better around the head tube.

20210606_095012.jpg

20210615_152541.jpg

16237856278809000894499611145860.jpg

I've never done a frame (or any other painted parts) but I've left chrome in the juice for over a week. I've also used it to give the cooling system in my '65 Mercury Comet a minty fresh cleanup. Drain/flush then fill with water/OA. Leave it in there for a week or so while you do your normal driving then drain/flush with water/baking soda mix, drain/flush again, refill and done. That stuff works miracles.

I experimented on a 60's Huffy (?) frame I had, it was solid rust, but not to the point of big pits like yours has, when I was done there was ZERO rust anywhere. unfortunately there was also about only 25% of the red paint left and the rest was just the silver base.

I think maybe the red paint issues people speak of are like mine, candy red with a silver base. I don't think my red 1950 Phantom would lose the paint as the huffy did.

if that were mine I'd give it another try. use more OA and leave it longer. I didn't measure anything I just put the whole container in my kiddie pool when I did it. my Huffy has minimal value even if it was nice. I had it for 50 bucks at a swap meet with no takers before I took it apart to do this... complete rideable rusty bike.

Last edited:
Back