When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

October 2022 Copake Auction and Swap

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This is the only Sterling Bell, I have in my collection.

But, it’s a neat one.
Would’ve looked really good on that Sterling Bell Display Stand. 😏

@$#!! Lot 65 just went for $1300. My bid didn't go through again. I guess I should have stayed on the premises for the auction. Looks like it's going to be another balloon tired bargain blowout.
Looks like you were have the same issue I was having. I kept hitting the bid button on the Gull. It took my first several bids but then stopped. Same thing happened for several other items. Throughout the morning I was bidding at the motorcycle auction, Bonhams, UK, no problem. A sad day for both buyers and sellers.

They certainly didn't have that problem with my Orient front end, they kept that damn thing up for a solid 30 seconds after bidding finally lagged off.
That one hurt
Looks like you were have the same issue I was having. I kept hitting the bid button on the Gull. It took my first several bids but then stopped. Same thing happened for several other items. Throughout the morning I was bidding at the motorcycle auction, Bonhams, UK, no problem. A sad day for both buyers and sellers.

You can't shop on the internet folks, gotta be there. My van is stuffed to the ceiling. Many lots went cheap and the swap meet was outstanding. Every year I pull into the parking lot wondering why I put myself through that terrible drive, then I walk into the auction house and remember why.

Here is the thread you missed Shawn:

I was at an antique motorcycle show this past weekend so I didn't even do any live bidding. I had left some bids on Hi-Bid and won the early Cadillac headlight. I just took a look at the prices realized and overall it looked like bargain day at Copake. While there weren't any real exceptional Ordinarys (high wheelers) the ones that were there were going cheap. I think only broke $3k. Not my cup of tea but I thought the Elgin Gull would do better than $3k.

The original paint '37 Zep Barto got for $550 was a smoking bargain on my book. Again, no exceptional road bikes but even the better ones went cheap I thought. There were some outliers such as the green and white B6 that brought $2200. I was really surprised the '38 Paramount only did $2k--I thought this would easily be double that. Then there was a gaudy Elgin Four Star with all kinds of wrong on it getting $550?

For the most part the deco tricycles performed well with a few of them over $1k. Even the repo Sky King brought $400! A $50 trike in my book. Listed as a '49 Luxury Liner and looking a little tired but all there only went for $375--I see at least double that in parts which would be a shame. Some of the early to teens safeties, or parts thereof, seemed to do ok while others such as the seemingly complete '19 IJ truss bike languished at $350.

Overall it looked to me like ephemera and literature was on teh downside as well and there were a lot of bargains to be had. The early car parts were almost given away in many cases and I'm sure these will be flipped for decent profit. Besides the Bronco the star of this show to me was the bell display which wound up at $7250---anyone here get that prize?

While the prices seemed to be down across the board ther just didn't seem to be that many pieces that had the sizzle to draw the good money. Still a lot of solid stuff went out the door cheap in my book. I'd be interested to hear what the participants in this auction have to say. V/r Shawn

Every year I say I'm going to stay for the auction and every year I leave early thinking I'll just bid remotely on the few things I want. Its weird, after a day of bike swapping on Friday I feel a bit sick of old bikes and start looking at the stuff for sale and the stuff I bought and I start thinking "OMG, Its all just a bunch of useless old $*I%, I need to get out of here before I waste any more time and money on this junk." Then the hammer starts dropping and I wish I was there grabbing up the ridiculous bargains. Its like if I saw the same stuff on the FB Marketplace for those prices I'd be driving there with a wad of cash as fast as I could. I never even find this stuff for sale anymore but for some reason when its everywhere you look I don't even want it. Anybody else have this problem?

Back