When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

October 2022 Copake Auction and Swap

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Every year I say I'm going to stay for the auction and every year I leave early thinking I'll just bid remotely on the few things I want. Its weird, after a day of bike swapping on Friday I feel a bit sick of old bikes and start looking at the stuff for sale and the stuff I bought and I start thinking "OMG, Its all just a bunch of useless old $*I%, I need to get out of here before I waste any more time and money on this junk." Then the hammer starts dropping and I wish I was there grabbing up the ridiculous bargains. Its like if I saw the same stuff on the FB Marketplace for those prices I'd be driving there with a wad of cash as fast as I could. I never even find this stuff for sale anymore but for some reason when its everywhere you look I don't even want it. Anybody else have this problem?
Maybe you subconsciously like the hunt better than the gear? When you are at the "Costco" auction of antique bike gear there is no hunt or thrill of seeking. There you just need to put your arm up long enough; no hunting required.

I love Copake having that auction every year. There are always fantastic deals to be had. It would be awesome if they could do it twice a year!

Maybe you subconsciously like the hunt better than the gear? When you are at the "Costco" auction of antique bike gear there is no hunt or thrill of seeking. There you just need to put your arm up long enough; no hunting required.

I love Copake having that auction every year. There are always fantastic deals to be had. It would be awesome if they could do it twice a year!
yeah, probably.

Key words; plus fees.
At 25 percent, plus New York State sales tax, puts that bad boy pretty close to 10 grand!
Super neat piece, but if my bicycle bell knowledge is correct, there wasn’t one Sterling Bell on that stand.
They were all a mix of Bevin and New Departure.
It wasn't about the bells. The buyer is very knowledgeable and knows what he is doing. He buys good stuff like this often

You are not wasting money with well made purchases, you are just parking funds in an alternative savings account...
This is actually true. From what I can tell putting your money in (sought after) bicycles is pretty going to match inflation. Which is obviously better than watching it evaporate in a savings account. The only problem is it's harder to liquidate if you need it. And in a severe economic collapse all this old stuff becomes pretty worthless. I think what the last 2 years have taught me is In the long run the best place to park your money is in real estate and housing. I always thought of old bikes as a little side hustle. I could often make 25% or 50% over what I paid on things. When I sold my house in 2021 I found out exactly what it means to "make" money on a purchase. And you don't even have to pay taxes on your earnings. It's literally a loophole so big you can drive a moving truck through it.

This is actually true. From what I can tell putting your money in (sought after) bicycles is pretty going to match inflation. Which is obviously better than watching it evaporate in a savings account. The only problem is it's harder to liquidate if you need it. And in a severe economic collapse all this old stuff becomes pretty worthless. I think what the last 2 years have taught me is In the long run the best place to park your money is in real estate and housing. I always thought of old bikes as a little side hustle. I could often make 25% or 50% over what I paid on things. When I sold my house in 2021 I found out exactly what it means to "make" money on a purchase. And you don't even have to pay taxes on your earnings. It's literally a loophole so big you can drive a moving truck through it.
Agreed but that’s for your one primary residence ….rentals or recreational properties there’s capital gains and that ruins the margin. Triple net leasing commercial property will do what you want with multiple real estate properties

Back