When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Odd but fun project. Looking for input

-

Ed Minas

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I want to build this invalid cart which was built before 1933 but I want to motorize it. I know nothing about E Bikes. Any suggestions or ideas where I could start to gather information would be greatly appreciated. I plan on making it look old, wood rims brass lights.. etc. No one will ever know it has a motor but as I age I can still enjoy antique bikes sort of. Thanks in advance.

fullsizeoutput_4f8.jpeg

Thanks to everyone who posted. Anyone have any idea what type of back fenders I could use and where I could optain them? I usually work on pre 1933 bikes which would not use fenders like that.

@Ed Minas my dad has 1 of these; it's powered by a Motori Minarelli 2 stroke Italian moped motor.

This might help you out idea wise how to set it up for pedals & give you a starting point of sorts.

They were built as food carts etc by a guy who hated having to balance a moped, pot holes, and issues us 2 wheel guys face on bicycles; cars!

Lunacycle.com has a good variety of electric motors & E bike parts. One of their Cyclone motors may work for this project. Good luck & have fun w/ it.

Back