When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

odd colored schwinn

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ozzmonaut

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I think I saved this pic from somewhere on the cabe. I'm hoping someone could post better pics and close-ups of the color. I'm thinking of repainting my 48 in this color scheme. Thanks for any help.View attachment 57694

i've seen the same pic over on sbf. geoff(greenephantom) has one that color(i think) and there was a whole thread talking about it.love that color scheme.

Mistaken

Scrubbinrims,

I am mistaken and I am sorry. I read the two posts and assumed everyone was talking about the same bike deal. I had no intention of spreading bad words about anyone.

Hey scrubbin. Is there anyway you could tell me a little about the color scheme? I have a 48 hornet I bought from the original owner. He repainted it over 50 yrs ago. I tried to save the OG paint but no chance. I'm hoping to recreate this two-tone green and distress. I just like the look of that bike. I'm also curious if the patina on the colors caused darkening or fading. Or you can just sell me the one you got from cadillac kev:cool:

I did buy that bike from Pete and upgraded and corrected a few items before selling it.
Not being a Schwinn guy (and thinning out postwar bikes), I let it go when I picked up the Majestic badged 2-tone red 41 straightbar, not have the desire for two similar models.
I don't let extremely rare bikes like that go, but the 2-tone red is equally as rare.

No hard feelings 1340, just wanted to be clear that thread wasn't me.

Ozzmonaut, I don't have any close ups, but reach out to greenephantom...but that particular color looked yellow in natural light, greener in shade.

Chris

Back