When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Odd vintage men's Western Flyer, possibly 1960s ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

banksy

On Training Wheels
Hi all,
I've had a vintage Western Flyer bike for a few years now, and I've began to look into selling it as I no longer have space for it. I've done a ton of research but I can't seem to figure out the exact model or details about the bike. I'm thinking that it's a 1960 model, but other than that all I know is it's a Western Flyer. The numbers on the bottom of the pedals are MOS 2052, and 171062. I've attached photos for anyone that wants to help or would know how much this could sell for, I would HUGELY appreciate any input! Thanks so much!
Wheels are 27in (I think), and it's a men's bike.
IMG_4665.JPG
IMG_2107.JPG

IMG_2990.JPG

IMG_8807.JPG

IMG_9740.JPG
IMG_3620.JPG
IMG_5814.JPG

Last edited:
That bike looks to have been customized a bit. It is early 60s but not gonna be a lot of value for something like that. V/r Shawn

It's a Murray Ohio (MO) built bike of the 1960's. It took them a couple of years from ~1958 or so, to integrate the lights inside the tank.
The bike has 4 upper tubes between the seat tube and head tube; the lower cantilevers do not extend all the way back to the rear drop-outs.
Generally, it is of "space" bike era, with 26 x 1.75 middle-weight tires. Murray made these for Sears, Western Auto, and many others.
The differences between them may have been the colors and sheet metal - tanks, racks, chain guards; also, fork differences, etc..
Murray called this class "speed weight" with the "double twin tube frame".
Murray had similar-looking models with a more typical 1" top tube (Missile), or with cantilevers extending all the way to rear drop-outs.
1966 Murray Bicycle Catalog p18.jpg

Last edited:
It's a Murray Ohio (MO) built bike of the 1960's. It took them a couple of years from ~1958 or so, to integrate the lights inside the tank.
The bike has 4 upper tubes between the seat tube and head tube; the lower cantilevers do not extend all the way back to the rear drop-outs.
Generally, it is of "space" bike era, with 26 x 1.75 middle-weight tires. Murray made these for Sears, Western Auto, and many others.
The differences between them may have been the colors and sheet metal - tanks, racks, chain guards; also, fork differences, etc..
Murray called this class "speed weight" with the "double twin tube frame".
Murray had similar-looking models with a more typical 1" top tube (Missile), or with cantilevers extending all the way to rear drop-outs.
View attachment 854697
This is incredibly helpful! Thank you so much!!!

I'd say $100 tops but what do I know. There are people here posting $150 bikes for $1200! V/r Shawn

Back