When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official G & J Clincher Rims Thread

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Unfortunately since fall last year, the white ones are not made anymore.
It is too bad they stopped producing the white ones. Hopefully they will reconsider this decision. The fact they just came out with the brown ones implies they wish to continue this product line. It would be great if someone could dialog with Rubena regarding the colors the classic/antique bicycle community truly wants. Their red color is not historically correct; l would certainly buy few pairs if they produced a proper clay-red.

Damn it ;) as soon as send "Post reply" the photo disappears from the screen and the link shows up, which is broken... The photo-size is 2,3mb and 1mb...

Rubenas new.jpg

Rubenas 1year in use.jpg

Allright, this time it worked- I must not use the "Insert Image" key but make a direct drag'n drop to make it work.

Allright, this time it worked- I must not use the "Insert Image" key but make a direct drag'n drop to make it work.
Great bicycle! These tires really fit the part and look so good especially after being ridden for a while. Thank you for your post. If you hear that Rubena has reissued the white/cream color can you please let us know.

It is too bad they stopped producing the white ones. Hopefully they will reconsider this decision. The fact they just came out with the brown ones implies they wish to continue this product line. It would be great if someone could dialog with Rubena regarding the colors the classic/antique bicycle community truly wants. Their red color is not historically correct; l would certainly buy few pairs if they produced a proper clay-red.
Yes, Brant, I certainly will - I look out for them and let you guys know - I'd need a pair mysef. There have been talkings on a forum here, it was said that white rubber is harder to mold and Rubena therefore stopped them. I have no idea if that is true...

And I agree, the white ones are the most favorables and most widely used ones, as you can see on that guy, August Stukenbrok, carrying his 1907 machine:
Stukenbrok Catalog 1907.jpg

But I could imagine the redness of these current Rubenas will look clay red in 100 years, so maybe they are not that historically incorrect ?
At least in Germany, Red was indeed an available color for tires at the time ! This 1907 Stukenbrok catalog mentions them, although they were deemed to be not as durable as the white and black ones:

Teutonia Pneumatics.jpg

" Due to repeated demand I carry the above Teutonia Tires also in red quality. Hoever, this color is very light sensetive which makes it prone to disintegration.
For this reason we reject any warranty claims on red quality, none the less other makers declare red pneumtics to be just as durable, which is not the case. "

By the way: The brown ones are already out on the market for a while, but they are super brown, very dark choclate color, unfortunately. For that reason they dont sell to well.

A member of the German Club has been reaching out to Rubena as to change the white to beige and brown to leight-brown-grey, but so far to no extend.
Even more, they discontiniued white :(

It seems like many people would like these tires, on the other hand i have no idea how much is needed to make profit...

I had inquired about the color of the red tires, and the response was of no interest in making the change to clay/brick red.
My assumption was that a large quantity had been made in cherry red, and that the color wouldn’t be altered until that stock had been sold.
The white/cream color tires look like a coating over black rubber.
So it may have been a hassle to make, which is why they’ve been discontinued.

Back