When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Officially Hooked. Picked up these two today.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

chicagoglen

Look Ma, No Hands!
Wife told me there was a local bike auction in town so we headed over there this morning. Saw these two and just had to buy them. Probably over paid but I like them for a project. I am very conscerned I am in over my head with the Bendix Rear Hub. I took the wheel off to clean and messed with it a little an now it is very loose. Anyone able to share some guidence on these?

Anyway here are the bikes. Did I do ok for the $135?

PICT0850.gif

PICT0856.gif

PICT0853.gif

PICT0854.gif

PICT0851.gif

PICT0852.gif

Schwinn Speedster

The Schwinn Speedster with the two speed kickback is worth what you paid for both bikes. Keep it original, it looks like both bikes will clean up nice.:)

You did very well.

This is a slippery slope though.
Your back yard starts to look like this

51408Oly097-1.jpg

then you need a storage unit

comprehensiverocketpics012-1.jpg

you start finding bikes in your kitchen

11209olfuji004-1.jpg

Best of luck

Thanks for the heads up. Any experience with the Bendix Hub? What am I in for? I am finding manuals but advice is always better in my mind.

That is hilarious!!!

You did very well.

This is a slippery slope though.
Your back yard starts to look like this

51408Oly097-1.jpg

then you need a storage unit

comprehensiverocketpics012-1.jpg

you start finding bikes in your kitchen

11209olfuji004-1.jpg

Best of luck

That is frikkin hilarious.... do you go out alone at night and talk softly to them?

I think the virus is contagious because I just bought a Whizzer and am now continually surfing/looking for other deals out there....sorta like two wheeled crack!!

I'm envious of your storage..

Wayne

Nice finds! They look to be 1959-62 era, the 2nd digit of the serial # on the left rear dropout will be the year-9 being 59, 0 is 1960, etc. "Your back yard starts to look like this...." Don't forget the basement!!!
SUNP00075-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back