When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oh snap! Beater snap tank new acquisition. Colson?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

If original paint can't be saved- strip to bare steel ratrod style or clean up existing repaint job?

• Total voters

Tyberius

Look Ma, No Hands!
Just picked this and a 60s Western Flyer space / sonic something or other (separate post). Pretty sure its a Colson / sister brand but will do a little careful paint removal around the head to see if I can see a ghost of the badge (missing prior to re-paint).

Has been painted over obviously. By the quick looks of it, the little bits of original paint underneath is pretty rough / non-estistant but will l consult the archive of paint removal and try a small section before doing anything crazy.

I think the tires need replacing ;).

IMG_6438.JPG

IMG_6440.JPG

IMG_6441.JPG

IMG_6442.JPG

IMG_6443.JPG

I've become a fan of the "custom" paint jobs like this. I'd remove rear fender, save it, wash it gently and see what survives. Seat looks useable a set of 2.35s if they fit and roll it.

Updates and a question. An interesting blue on blue paint scheme beneath. So far have just been using a plastic scraper and going for the low hanging fruit of unbonded paint layers. I hate that you all might guilt me in to this :) as I go blind and insane.

So question: the head badge nuts are about 2 3/16” apart. I can’t see any ghosting of the old one. Anyone care to throw an opinion on which brand - Colson or Colson-cousin it might have badged under?

E47AFFAD-1FB8-4F40-845B-04349A2A7C55.jpeg

AB0BB40A-59B5-44CE-A680-2A21ED9BB2B8.jpeg

A10C7894-9318-4A3F-8D32-0A312B54EDDE.jpeg

Back