When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oh snap! Beater snap tank new acquisition. Colson?

-

If original paint can't be saved- strip to bare steel ratrod style or clean up existing repaint job?

• Total voters

Tyberius

Look Ma, No Hands!
Just picked this and a 60s Western Flyer space / sonic something or other (separate post). Pretty sure its a Colson / sister brand but will do a little careful paint removal around the head to see if I can see a ghost of the badge (missing prior to re-paint).

Has been painted over obviously. By the quick looks of it, the little bits of original paint underneath is pretty rough / non-estistant but will l consult the archive of paint removal and try a small section before doing anything crazy.

I think the tires need replacing ;).

IMG_6438.JPG

IMG_6440.JPG

IMG_6441.JPG

IMG_6442.JPG

IMG_6443.JPG

I've become a fan of the "custom" paint jobs like this. I'd remove rear fender, save it, wash it gently and see what survives. Seat looks useable a set of 2.35s if they fit and roll it.

Updates and a question. An interesting blue on blue paint scheme beneath. So far have just been using a plastic scraper and going for the low hanging fruit of unbonded paint layers. I hate that you all might guilt me in to this :) as I go blind and insane.

So question: the head badge nuts are about 2 3/16” apart. I can’t see any ghosting of the old one. Anyone care to throw an opinion on which brand - Colson or Colson-cousin it might have badged under?

E47AFFAD-1FB8-4F40-845B-04349A2A7C55.jpeg

AB0BB40A-59B5-44CE-A680-2A21ED9BB2B8.jpeg

A10C7894-9318-4A3F-8D32-0A312B54EDDE.jpeg

Back