When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oil based spray paint

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Gillespie Coatings paint in the military vehicle restoration arena .
ALKYD ENAMEL

Last edited:
I've sprayed a few hundred metal doors and W.I. fencing with an alkyd enamel made by Sherwin Williams. I also sprayed my old 40's International truck bed trailer my Grandfather in Law gave me. Only problem I had with it was when I used it in temperatures well below the recommend application temperature.

Go for it , whenever I spray outdoors I always take the hose and water everything down around me to keep the dust down
You could wet down the feed room

If you buy it in a can to spray you'll undoubtedly have to thin it. Use toluene for a faster drying time.

The worst episode I had with oil-based spray paint was a can of a new type of rustoleum metal red. It initially after a day or two dried to where dust would not stick and embed, but it took months for it to harden and cure/dry completely. Couldn't hardly touch the thing, and it only did harden when I put it out in the hot 95 degree sun every day for a week or two. Good looking strong paint after that. I also found it curious, that shortly after I bought it, they stopped making the paint. That drying issue I wonder, may have been the reason why they stopped selling it, but I don't know. Don't usually have such a problem with rustoleum, even in winter.

This is the type of feedback I was fishing for . Thank You

"but it took months for it to harden and cure/dry completely. Couldn't hardly touch the thing, and it only did harden when I put it out in the hot 95 degree sun every day for a week or two. Good looking strong paint after that."

I live in Florida so sunny hot days won't be a problem and I have other projects to keep me busy while it dries .

Back