When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OK all you Great minds out there... Mead forks

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I have two Meade Rangers that I purchased recently. Both have a 1918 patents on the crank. The standard frame bike has a serial number 85291. The tall frame has a serial number of 96714. I haven't researched either yet, but both have the rib on the fork, all the way to the crown. The std frame has a nickel plated ridge. The tall bike's ridge is painted dark brown, edged in gold pinstripe.
20190111_211912.jpg

20190111_213232.jpg

20190111_213317.jpg

20190111_213358.jpg

Last edited:
Nice examples, based on the Fender Struts,- I would say the bikes are post 20's.....any disagreement?

Bart

IMO fender braces on the 2 bikes oldmtrcyc posted look typical to all years after discontinuing the coat-hanger rod style. 1918ish and on.

I wish I could put a date on my bikes, and the manufacturer. Sometime this winter I will dig into it, but any help here would be nice. Somewhere I have stashed some documents that may help.

Dag, just when I thought I was making some headway......I recently saw a nice plated non RIB version - I thought was correct, maybe not.

I've cooled my heels on my project and will be seeking more info before making my next purchase. From what I think I know, the bars and stem are the same for teens and twenties (correct?)
Bart

Back