When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OK all you Great minds out there... Mead forks

-
I have two Meade Rangers that I purchased recently. Both have a 1918 patents on the crank. The standard frame bike has a serial number 85291. The tall frame has a serial number of 96714. I haven't researched either yet, but both have the rib on the fork, all the way to the crown. The std frame has a nickel plated ridge. The tall bike's ridge is painted dark brown, edged in gold pinstripe.
20190111_211912.jpg

20190111_213232.jpg

20190111_213317.jpg

20190111_213358.jpg

Last edited:
Nice examples, based on the Fender Struts,- I would say the bikes are post 20's.....any disagreement?

Bart

IMO fender braces on the 2 bikes oldmtrcyc posted look typical to all years after discontinuing the coat-hanger rod style. 1918ish and on.

I wish I could put a date on my bikes, and the manufacturer. Sometime this winter I will dig into it, but any help here would be nice. Somewhere I have stashed some documents that may help.

Dag, just when I thought I was making some headway......I recently saw a nice plated non RIB version - I thought was correct, maybe not.

I've cooled my heels on my project and will be seeking more info before making my next purchase. From what I think I know, the bars and stem are the same for teens and twenties (correct?)
Bart

Back