When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OK cough it up! How do you find your scores??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I have found most of my local scores through Craigslist, and I am not in a bicycle collecting/hoarding area of the country.....I like to search for bicycles with multiple prefixes to see what people consider an "old" bicycle. I will search all prefixes: Old, Vintage, Classic, Original, Antique, Collector, Rare, One-of-a-kind, sometimes it produces a hit, and sometimes not. The constant searching via garage/estate sales is a common practice, and a good bet, most people do not know the value or significance of their old bikes they are trying to turn into some $. My last craigslist score was four months ago, and I would expect something else to show up pretty soon, the good stuff seems to flow to the surface 3 or 4 times a year, you just have to be ready to accept it. Search on!

Also, if you want a specific bike, be ready to pay top dollar (when and if you find it). If your criteria is broad, you have a better chance of picking up a deal.

I’m fancying a ‘70s or ‘80s road bike right now. I hear Goodwill is a great place to find them, so far no luck. I did come across an ‘87 Fuji Palisade at a LBS. Trade in on new bike. I left my number to call when they figured out what they are doing with it. Might follow up on that soon.
Any interest in an early eighties Miyata LeMans in near mint original condition?

I picked up this 46 Schwinn recently off FB Marketplace. The guy said he had dozens of offers but I was the only one that offered the full asking price of $200. He was over four hours away round trip. He delivered it for $50. This is a before shot.

DSC_0085.JPG

DSC_0077.JPG

DSC_0053.JPG

I just got a lead on a few bikes while talking with a bloke that eye met at local eatery ...a monark tank bike... says he and about fifty more bikes...I'll be seein' this bloke on Sunday...ya never know???

001.JPG

I've struggled my whole adult life with house keeping and one day I asked my mom how she keeps the house so spotlessly clean. She said the secret to keeping a clean house is to be in a perpetual state of cleaning it. Its a pretty lame "secret" but its true for bike collecting as well. You need to set yourself up to get lucky by always being on the lookout and turning over every rock you can find. It takes patience, diligence and determination to acquire an impressive collection these days when there are so many eyeballs looking for this stuff. Unless you don't care how much you have to spend, in which case you just wave a huge wad of cash and people will fall over themselves to sell you what you're looking for.

Last edited:
Back