When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ok, I gotta ask....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I donno.

Why does everyone call their POS's a beach cruiser, even when they live in the desert and it's a skinny tired track bike? :confused:

Example.... Vintage Beach cruiser - $100 (Youngtown)

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/bik/6099529468.html

01212_bWbO9YxJdVR_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with Mike. I know I only mention "Track" or "Racer" when I know for sure it's a factory racer as per the catalogue. I have seen
it mentioned many times where it's a regular old bike and it's called a track bike when it's just another roadster or .........

Fordmike brings up an excellent point..!!
Here's a perfect example when you can call your "early" diamond frame a "RACER". Here's pics of my 1897 Cleveland Model #29.
Here's a page from the 1897 catalogue for the #29 and check out what they called it.

View attachment 477437 View attachment 477438 View attachment 477439 View attachment 477440
So...is that considered a racer or not? I just don't want to rub Mike the wrong way. It looks like your Cleveland is like a high end Trek Madone. It's not like the one that Lance Armstrong was racing but the Madones were used in some races. I saw a lot of them at the Tour of California and the Redlands Classic. So what's the verdict?

Last edited:
Back