When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ok im not crazy

-
B

banana seat Brian

ok so is there another bike name other than monark that starts with mon_ _ _?
lol i know but im having trouble finding into?

can someone tell me about this bike.

can someone tell me about this bike?
monark gold coaster-gold over the silver and white
wowtank-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Monarchs were made in the late 1880's probably had 28" wooden wheels... I think it was imported... Check nostalgic.net and ebay usually has old ads for that bike for sale

The bike above is a early 60's Huffy built middleweight bike

Last edited:
in 1958 Huffman bought Monark and used the name "Monark" on some of their bikes for several years. your bike was made in 1959 by Huffy and labelled as a Monark. after the war several of the big companies started having trouble and were absorbed into the ones that were doing better. Colson merged with Evans and later they and Cleveland Welding were bought by AMF. Huffman changed names shortly after the war to Huffy and ended buying out Monark in the late '50's and you will find bikes out there that are about half Huffy and half Monark, you will also find bikes out there like yours that are all Huffy but labelled as Monarks as they still wanted to capitalize on the name recognition of Monark, and had to honor Monarks contract committments and produce Monark bikes for the buyers who had outstanding contracts. your bike is classic late '50's early '60's Huffy, and in fact is a 1959 Huffy. hope this helps you out, though I'm getting the impression you don't quite believe me. having been into Huffy's and Huffmans for quite a while I am quite certain about this bike being a 1959 Huffy made Monark.
Scott:cool:

anyone have any idea on how or where to find a old pic of this bike?

Last edited by a moderator:
RE: Huffy/Monarks

If I remember correctly, they (Huffy) also brought back the 'Silver King' name as well, since the early Monarks wore Silver King badges. ~Adam-tinkerer

Back