When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OK so is this a two speed?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

juanitasmith13

Wore out three sets of tires already!
So we have a Columbia chainless cushion frame roadster without a head badge, that would have the model number stamped onto it; and, that model number would tell us the year.... The next thing I need to find out is: can those that know look @ this chainless set up and tell me whether or not it is a two speed??? Thanking ALL in advance for their comments! (CAN't load a photo right now... So please look at photos on my thread, this forum, from yesterday.... "Need help with ID and possible year".

Last edited:
Here ya go :cool:

http://thecabe.com/forum/threads/need-help-with-i-d-and-possible-year.110457/#post-727592

20170511_111653-jpg.jpg

Thanks to: @rustjunkie and @fordmike65 .... But on these Columbia's, the two speed was in the SHAFT part from the BB to the HUB on drive side.... I thot maybe the shaft cover/joint coverings for two speed might have a different 'look'. Then again, I may have mis read what I've been looking @. The shaft maybe has a shaft inside a shaft and each end a pair of gears, one inside the other.... But bikes not mine and I don't want to dis assemble it. Activates like a kickback.... The hub photo (thanks to rustjunkie) at one reading seems to have been used 1900 but not 1901.... But other readings, it appears it may have still been used later.... The small number on it is in the 88000s.Update comment: THE TWO SPEED WOULD INVOLVE THE HUB as well as the double gears at end of the shaft drive...

Last edited:
Back