When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OK, who collects early racing bikes?

-
Alvyn Drysedale Velox
velox1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Suddenly, what does "early" mean?? I thought pre 1920, or... pre '10 no?

I definitely want to .Well , Iver Johnson specific of course . I had the opportunity quite a few years back at Copake , and dumb-ass me let it go . Copper paint / chrome head & fork model 90 for $400 , now I need a mortgage to own one . I'm still hopeful ,

P.S. If anyone is willing to part with one,,, I have some money waiting .

I have an 1898 Columbia Racer (Model 49)

I would like to see the pic of the Model 49. Is it the one that was bought off eBay about 3 yrs ago? That was a nice 49 and went cheap!!! It was
an original if I remember and I never did keep the pics of it. I would really like to see it please.

I've been on the hunt for a 1895 Model 44 for a very long time. Finally found one and waiting for pics to come in. I have the 1894 Columbia Model 37
Factory Semi-Racer and also the 1902 Columbia Model 83 Factory Racer. I never bought the #49 because Eddie Bald never raced on a Model 49.
I collect Eddie Bald related material, especially with his Columbia and Barnes. When the Model #49 came out, he wasn't racing for Columbia anymore
and was racing a Barnes Flyer.

WANTED - I am on the HUNT for a Columbia Model #33 if anyone has one of those..( and of course a Barnes Flyer - I know of one and it's not for sale at the moment )

I'm not so much a collector, I just have a ~1909 Iver Johnson Special Racer. I love the bike, but I'm not really looking to make a collection as I prefer old bikes to be original, but the additional bikes I want I want to customize because that's the part I enjoy most, so I don't see anything else very collectible for me anytime soon.

Back