When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OK, who collects early racing bikes?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Somehow my scribblings got lost!
Should have said:
Really nice! What saddle is that?

Here's the answer to your question regarding the saddle maker: TROXEL

IMG_4312.JPG

Hmmm - nice and rare machine !

Check out # 19 - looking left to right at images for this years Copake offerings.

http://www.copakeauction.com/auction/27th-annual-bicycle-auction-2018-04-21/

A Stearns - perhaps a special ?

Preview photo gallery items are now labelled...
44. C. 1890’s Yellow Fellow Stearns Bicycle

C. 1890's Yellow Fellow Stearns Bicycle Company men's bicycle (Syracuse N.Y.). 23" frame with original pin stripping. Complete and original. Frame has crack on one frame joint that needs repair.
est. $300-400

http://www.copakeauction.com/auction/27th-annual-bicycle-auction-2018-04-21/
best,
James

I hope to own a racer some day, but in the mean time I'm working on this 1920s clone. A Caber suggest that I box pinstripe it and I like that suggestion. Any suggestions on the color I should paint it? For my complete blog, see my post under Project Rides. Thanks, JimRoy.

IMG_0372.jpg

Here's a project Racycle Pacemaker I have. They aren't classified or intended as true "Racing Bicycles" , but they sure have that appearance anyway!
I'll probably build it as a stripped down, racing type bicycle rather than an original appearance with that heavy sprung seat and fenders, upright bars, etc. I do have a pair of the larger, deeper Kelly bars for it and the larger cog for the rear hub.

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0035.JPG

Back