When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

old bicycles

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
S

sclark

We are having an estate sale of my parents things and I need to know what to price some old bicycles that my dad collected. I have two old postal bicycles, an old murray, a tricycle, a Vagabond folding bike and another bike that does not have a name that I can see. I can send pictures if needed.

old bikes value?

I have attached the pictures of the bikes I have. Do you know what they are valued at? [email protected]

Attachments

• postal bike 1.JPG
    postal bike 1.JPG
    251.4 KB · Views: 140
  • old bike no name.JPG
    old bike no name.JPG
    231.5 KB · Views: 143
  • murray.JPG
    murray.JPG
    245.2 KB · Views: 145
  • schwinn.JPG
    schwinn.JPG
    235.9 KB · Views: 115
  • Vagabond folding bike.JPG
    Vagabond folding bike.JPG
    235.7 KB · Views: 108
more pictures

Here is the picture of the tricycle and the other postal bike (I have two of them). And also of the tag that is on the front of one of the postal bikes. They are hanging in a barn so it is hard to get better pictures. Hope these help.

Attachments

• tricycle.JPG
    tricycle.JPG
    208.2 KB · Views: 58
  • tag on postal bike.JPG
    tag on postal bike.JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 88
  • postal bike 2.JPG
    postal bike 2.JPG
    227.4 KB · Views: 89
For the purple Schwinn, go here: www.musclebikeforums.com

They will give you all the info you need. I sure like it.

I don't know anything about Vagabonds, never even heard of them.

The postal service bikes may be worth something, I often see Classic American service bikes like that go for a lot. Weather it's military, or whatever, they seem to fetch a decent amount. Especially men's bikes in good shape.

I don't know anything about the tricycle.

The "no name bike" is something you would have to ask some other members about. I do know it's an oldie.

I am interested in buying the Murray. I don't know much about it, but it sure does looks cool!

Last edited:
The no name looks like a murray built JC Higgins middleweight from the early 60s. The postal bikes appear to be roadmaster delivery bikes. They are a copy of the schwinn "Cycle Truck". As far as value is concerned thet are worth what someone is willing to pay. If you are willing to ship them then you may get more money for them on ebay.
If you post your location then you might find someone on this forum who is local to you.
You also might try posting them on the rat rod bikes forum www.ratrodbikes.com as well.

Good luck with your sale.

name of postal bikes

I have found since I posted these pictures of the bikes in different places that the postal bikes are by Ross Bicycles. They were probably manufactured in Rockaway Beach, Queens, New York during the 60's. The bikes are located in Shelby, North Carolina if anyone in interested in buying them.

The schwinn looks to be like a 1971 or so schwinn slik chik. Nice bike should be worth at least $150. The vegabond folding bike is made by MTD as far as I know. I had one in worst shape that I sold for $40. Hope this helps a little. Matt

Back