When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

old bicycles

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I bet your no name is a JC Higgins.

They were a bike made for Sears. Sears switched from Elgin to the Higgins brand name after WWII. That looks like a decent one and its a boys frame to boot. I'd be willing to bet it's a 50's model, could be 60's. However, in the 60's they started to make the space like bikes similar to that Murray you have. I doubt you will ever know for sure its age. To the best of my knowledge there is no way to specifically date JC Higgins bikes. I have one like it and it is a blast to ride.

I bet your right

That bike was my dad's first and he said he had bought it new at Sears. He also called it a skip tooth, I think, because on the piece the chain is on every other tooth is missing. It was made like that. Dad was born in the 30's so I would think he brought it in the 40's. I have decided to keep it because it was his first. Some things are hard to let go.

Heirloom

That bike was my dad's first and he said he had bought it new at Sears. He also called it a skip tooth, I think, because on the piece the chain is on every other tooth is missing. It was made like that. Dad was born in the 30's so I would think he brought it in the 40's. I have decided to keep it because it was his first. Some things are hard to let go.

Heirlooms have value far exceeding monetary. I also have a bike very similar to your father's that is badged a Mercury, built by Murray-Ohio.

Back