When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old Bike Frame, Please help ID

-

MarkKBike

Finally riding a big boys bike
I picked up this frame this morning at flea market in Chicago, I have been looking for a older bike than I currently own, and think this one may be pretty old, possibly even pre-war. I'm hopping to build it back up, and was wondering if anyone could help possibly ID the maker. I can add more pictures of specifics if needed. I'm also not 100% sure if the chain gaurd and fork belong to the frame, as everything was loose, but sold together.

1zdcc9l.jpg

2afjpqq.jpg

21a0eg5.jpg

Cool, thanks for the reply! I just found some photos of examples all built up and It looks like I have some work ahead of me. I probably wont be able to get it all original, but will try to at least get it assembled enough to ride this summer. When I found it, it caught my eye, and I got it for a very reasonable offer. It should be a fun project.

Do not trash those forks. I have had great success in straightening them out. Let me know if you need help. Love the twin bar bikes!!!

Over the last few days, I started doing a initial mock up, with some parts I had laying around just to give me a idea of what the bike would look like if I decided to use some of them. (I have not tried to repair the fork yet, but plan to at least give it a try). Right now the fenders, and rack are just held on with zip ties. I'll have to make some metal brackets if I choose to keep these items on the bike. I'm still undecided if I want to make this bike all clean and shiny, or take the easier route and build it up as a rat bike.

Once I make any significant progress in either direction, I will post in the project forum once everything is complete. Any thoughts on which way I should take it? I don't have the original parts needed to do a complete restore, so I was thinking I might do something 1/2 way between. Make it pretty, but aged looking using whatever I'm able to scavenge up. I may repaint a few components, but re-age what gets painted back down to a matte type of finish. I might keep the red / black theme, as a kind off like it. I'm also thinking of making a custom wood tank. I think I can make something pretty cool looking with a router. The idea I have would be about 3-4 inches thick with rounded edges, and painted, but sanded down to have the wood show through.

1.JPG

Last edited:
Back