When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old Bike Haul, Looking for some Information

-
Are you talking about a different frame? The Schwinn is post war with drop outs.

View attachment 1516907
Yep, I looked at the wrong picture; my bad. The H18630 comes up with this date on the Schwinn Serial Number Reference thread that's pinned on the Schwinn forum. From the list from 1951 - 04/18 ------------------ H185588 --------------- H187965

In my "colletcables..." book, I find the number 4516 on the 1951 and 1953 pages. If my book is correct, you're missing a tank and a rear rack as well as the springer for the front fork. There's a Murray Serial Number project here on the CABE. Google it and you'll find the link. Post your JC HIggins bike pictures and questions there and see what the real experts have to say.

Last edited:

Here's what I found. But the drop outs in the illustration do not look like those on the bike that you pictured. ????????

Yep, I looked at the wrong picture; my bad. The H18630 comes up with this date on the Schwinn Serial Number Reference thread that's pinned on the Schwinn forum. From the list from 1951 - 04/18 ------------------ H185588 --------------- H187965

In my "colletcables..." book, I find the number 4516 on the 1951 and 1953 pages. If my book is correct, you're missing a tank and a rear rack as well as the springer for the front fork. There's a Murray Serial Number project here on the CABE. Google it and you'll find the link. Post your JC HIggins bike pictures and questions there and see what the real experts have to say.
Ah makes sense. So old blue is looking like a 1951 Schwinn with some Western Flyer accessories then.

Thanks for the picture! You’re right, that dropout is definitely different, but the number matches up and the rest of it does look really similar minus the tank, rack, and springers. I’ll post it onto that Murray thread and see what comes back.

Hmm.. All my Huffman badges measure about 2 1/4". The closest measurement I have in the Huffman family is a Huffy badge that measures 3 1/4".

Back