When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old Bike Haul, Looking for some Information

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
That JC Higgins should be about a 54. I have a twin to it in a girls bike with the same chain guard and sprocket.
Nice! Thanks. Somebody said he thinks it’s a 62 or 63 over on the Murray serial number thread but that’s the only response I’ve gotten over there. It’s looking like mid-fifties to early sixties sometime though

That JC Higgins should be about a 54. I have a twin to it in a girls bike with the same chain guard and sprocket.
Somebody said he thinks it’s a 62 or 63 over on the Murray serial number thread but that’s the only response I’ve gotten over there. It’s looking like mid-fifties to early sixties sometime though
The Murray-built Sears JC Higgins looks like a middleweight bicycle and of that era; the Murray design may date back to 1958, but not earlier(?).
Thanks for the picture! You’re right, that is definitely different, but the number matches up and the rest of it does look really similar minus the….
The 4516 catalog reprint does not match.
Many bikes in one thread is so confusing.

Last edited:
Back