When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old Blue

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Rode "Old Blue" today. A little over a weeks ago I brought this old boy to a swap and stuck a price tag of $450 on him, and had no offers. Had the "eye ball" light on the front of him too. I have since decided to keep 'em. The light was loose, so I took it off and took a ride on him today. Rides nice.
IMG_2758.JPG

IMG_2756.JPG

IMG_2757.JPG

Sold four of these bikes this summer, yeah, I'll keep the last one I have.
Stopped at an antique store and bought this old iron wheel for $26 . Going to put it out front of the house.
IMG_2752.JPG

Stopped on the bridge overlooking the creek and saw a big carp. Tried to get a photo of him , but he went under the bridge. He's in the center of the picture at bottom.
IMG_2753.JPG

Bought this red one, like "Old Blue" at the swap for $150 last week. Took the seat off and re-sold him five minutes later for $125. She got a deal....I think.
IMG_2666.JPG

These old Hawthornes are plentiful and cheap. Nice riding bikes for the money.

That's a great deal. It's nice to move some bikes too. Where is planet Mongo? I know your not near Oregon.

Rode "Old Blue" today. A little over a weeks ago I brought this old boy to a swap and stuck a price tag of $450 on him, and had no offers. Had the "eye ball" light on the front of him too. I have since decided to keep 'em. The light was loose, so I took it off and took a ride on him today. Rides nice.View attachment 857952
View attachment 857953

View attachment 857951

Sold four of these bikes this summer, yeah, I'll keep the last one I have.
Stopped at an antique store and bought this old iron wheel for $26 . Going to put it out front of the house. View attachment 857950

Stopped on the bridge overlooking the creek and saw a big carp. Tried to get a photo of him , but he went under the bridge. He's in the center of the picture at bottom.View attachment 857974

Bought this red one, like "Old Blue" at the swap for $150 last week. Took the seat off and re-sold him five minutes later for $125. She got a deal....I think.View attachment 857956

These old Hawthornes are plentiful and cheap. Nice riding bikes for the money.
45 to 50lb low pressure balloon tire single speed bikes might look good , but they only ride good down hill over bumps, they do excel in the effort per MPH world for exercise purposes, but they rode like crap in the sixties , that's why they got kicked to the curb in favor of the middle weights that got kicked to the curb in favor of the 26x1 3/8" multi gear lightweights , that bring almost no money at all , because there's so many of them, the ladies step through frames being the best & most convenient for anything but racing,riding gravel roads with washboards or riding broken pavement & potholes( ego stroke aside).

Last edited:
They got kicked to the curb like everything that gets old, like the computer that I am typing on right now, visit an electronics recycling center.
It's human nature to want the latest, the best.......the newest. Visit a nursing home, if you want to see the ultimate in kicking something to the curb......... Not me. That's why I am a loner and I live in exile on Planet Mongo, where everyone rides on old bikes and the 1940's and 50's.....live on.

They got kicked to the curb like everything that gets old, like the computer that I am typing on right now, visit an electronics recycling center.
It's human nature to want the latest, the best.......the newest. Visit a nursing home, if you want to see the ultimate in kicking something to the curb......... Not me. That's why I am a loner and I live in exile on Planet Mongo, where everyone rides on old bikes and the 1940's and 50's.....live on.

Too bad you can’t kick sister in law to the curb [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back