When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old bsa track bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Rytell

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hey guys new to the group, hoping I can get some answers on this bike I picked up about a year ago. It was passed down from an old friend that was a Vietnam vet. He says his dad would ride it to and from work and race it back in the 30s I can’t find any markings on the bike. It has a bsa skip tooth sprocket and an Ecco 105 leather seat on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

CE2CB61D-F4A8-44C5-9575-EBD2EFDDF3AF.jpeg

143B450B-F080-46CB-8DE8-2771739DB35C.jpeg

1BA44E9A-E56E-4BED-95CB-F44A7089D743.jpeg

28B39BF0-29A7-48F2-B3A6-7EDE1AD3BD3D.jpeg

What exactly do you want to know?

Piercer 99 wrote up a little about him in the thread: "eBay vintage track racer"

Just go in the search bar top right and type in "Kopsky". You should be able to read a little that has been written about him.

Thank you sir. Still hard to find information about it. Guess I’ll keep looking

as @corbettclassics pointed out.

Joe Kopsky also won a team bronze medal in the 1912 Olympics. (he was the oldest rider at 29 years, 245 days of age)

After competing in the 1912 road race, Joe Kopsky of Jersey City, one of the founders of the Century Road Club of America, often told friends that the roads in Stockholm were so rough that he had torn up his tires and finished the race on his wooden rims. Earlier that year, on 5 May 1912, he set an American record for 150 miles in 8-26.27. Kopsky later rode as a professional in six-day races, competing from 1913-23, in Chicago, New York, Boston, and Kansas City, competing in 35 six-days, and racing until he was 49. After retiring from racing, Kopsky owned and operated a bicycle shop and helped engineer racing equipment. He started the North Hudson Wheelmen and the Belleville Bicycle Club, training many local riders in Northern Jersey. After World War II, Kopsky retired to Miami, living there until his death. His daughter, Doris, was a pioneer of American women's cycling, winnig the first US Women's Championship in 1937, when she was only 15, and winning New Jersey titles in 1937-39.

Last edited:
Back