When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old Continentals, what do I do with them.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The Clubman model is cool!
That’s what I was thinking. I thought it looked like the down tube had a script decal. Also has the CM stamp. What is strange is the other one has the CM stamp too. I didn't think so because it was upside down but there is precedent for that flip. The second bike has the traveler style peaked fenders. I would take the fenders off the first one and put on the second.

Continental clubman - Also does anyone know what brochure or catalog this is from?
1951Continentals_zps7a7df76d.jpg

Last edited:
Both of these Continentals have the CM on the BB shell. And the T00 serial numbered piece is using a pre stamped Town and Country Tandem BB shell. So that one was probably built sometime in early 1950.

One has a three speed and I have no clue what the serial number is on that one, pics don't seem to be in sequence. Is there a date on the three speed hub?

Last edited:
Thanks @cyclingday. I need to find this brochure.

Maybe the “CM” stamp separate from the serial number just designates these frames as Continental Models?
Hmm... If so it would be a period specific thing because other continental serials don't have it.

@rollfaster you have seen this bike before https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/what-year-continental.122777/#post-820520
same bike. You can see in one of those photos it does have a script decal on the down tube. So your friend had it years ago and now it is in OP's hands.

I'd bet my life that the CM stamping designates the Clubman model. I've never seen the CM stamping on any of the regular Continental models. A Tourist style very well could have been ordered from the factory with the many options that Schwinn offered on the lightweights compared to the slightly limited ordering options on the Balloon models.

1582399080681.png

I'd bet my life that the CM stamping designates the Clubman model. I've never seen the CM stamping on any of the regular Continental models. A Tourist style very well could have been ordered from the factory with the many options that Schwinn offered on the lightweights compared to the slightly limited ordering options on the Balloon models.
Holy chit. You didn't even bet your life on the gold piss coat! :cool:

Back