When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old Continentals, what do I do with them.

-

Bicyclelegends

Look Ma, No Hands!
Old Continentals, what do I do with them.They have some valuable parts but want to clean and fix them up but torn on how. In my little brain I think should I keep them separate or combine them and make 1 cool one and which way do you go they are both so different and condition varies. Any thought or suggestions out there?

20200216_172427  Continental 1.jpg

20200216_172437  Continental 1.jpg

20200216_172645  Continental 1.jpg

20200216_172941  Continental 2.jpg

20200216_173002  Continental 2.jpg

20200216_173216  Continental 2.jpg

They're actually pretty complete. The paint issues there you see are pretty common - it's based on the method and materials Schwinn used for painting. The red especially likes to fade.

There's enough there that I would find the right parts and finish up with two complete bikes. I'd sell one and keep the one of the two you prefer. What I would not do is pirate parts off or break them up for parts. Beware the same old vipers who ask you to pull the stem, or brake levers, or some other part to sell them for balloon projects. These Continentals deserve to be kept together and preserved. The bikes are sufficiently old, complete, and desirable that I'd finish them up and keep the one I like more. Sell the other complete. You're in pretty good shape from the look of all this.

I still ride mine. Parts are cheap to add. I think the these will go up in price when people notice how nice they ride. At old folks homes, girls bikes are easier for old people to mount so their value is higher.

I don't see why you couldn't easily have two complete unique bicycles. One tourist and one racer style. These are classic vintage bikes and should be kept as complete as they are and improved from there. If you like one more than the other then keep that one or sell them both as is if you are not interested in either one. I like the way they look.

I still ride mine. Parts are cheap to add. I think the these will go up in price when people notice how nice they ride. At old folks homes, girls bikes are easier for old people to mount so their value is higher.
I never thought about your idea of girl's for "old Folks". You might be on to something!

Back