When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

old excelsior question on price

-

indianfaze

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello again. i have the chance to buy this excelsior from a guy i know. what would you guys pay for this bike? check the pics and let me know if you have any thoughts. i have no clue what to offer him. $500? $25? lol....thanks.
chris
exxxxx-1.jpg

exxxx-1.jpg

exxx-1.jpg

exx-1.jpg

Nice bike! I dont think it's a 'Schwinn' Excelsior. Not sure of maker. Parts alone you got 300-500 bucks there.

thanks for the response schwinndoggy....so excelsior was made by other companies besides schwinn at that time?

Yes. Excelsior Cycle Company of Michigan City, Indiana. This plant also rebadged bikes as Rollfast thru the '50s. Not to be confused with the Motorcycle plants that Schwinn bought; first Excelsior (in Detroit, moved to Chicago) then Henderson.

What era is that bike, 1920"s? Are they common? How badly rusted is it? What would shipping cost to Tucson?

Back