When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold ~ Old School ~ about 1981 or so ~ BMX Mongoose for restoration ~

-

willswares1220

I live for the CABE
$225.00 shipped

This bicycle is in as found condition.
The only thing I've cleaned is the back rim to expose some of the chrome
. It appears to be mostly original, even though I confess I don't know much about these cool, later kids bikes. As you can see, there's quite a bit of rust here and there on the paint as well as those stickers having wear and tear also. I'm sure those original stickers are reproduced for that group of enthusiasts. Check the Bay....The sticker on the down tube says Mongoose, competition racing frame and both the grips and plate at the back of the quilted seat saying mongoose.

" Paint this baby up some bright color such as sunny yellow, customize 'er and she'll really POP for ya ! " :cool:
or simply restore it to its original appearance......

( PM's answered )

Port Washington, WI 53074

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0027.JPG

IMG_0030.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

Last edited:
What a strange beast. Looks like its been thru hell, but original right down to chainguard! If it could talk......

it almost appears to have ended up in a backyard at one point in it's life or kept in a damp garage. Who knows??
Still a cool piece......:cool:

Last edited:
Back