When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old school C W Racing BMX

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Keith

Look Ma, No Hands!
I Just picked up this bike in a deal with a guy, I mess with the old stuff and like the 26 inch Balloon bikes as wiingell. but I have some deep roots in BMX as well, As a child in the early mid sixties we were doin our own form of BMX racing on modified bikes.Then in the 80s I volunteered some of my off shift time at the local BMX Club. Well my daughter went along with me,and wanted to start racing,I let her on one condition...she had to race in the boys division cause there just wasnt much competition in the boys, So before the season was over we were racing all over Illinois, and some National events. Well as it turned out she caught the eye of Ade owner of Lil Ades Bike Shop in Pekin IL. She went on that year to be the State Champ in Illinois Boys division. Ive posted a few Pics of a bike I just got,I put air in the tires in it and it was ready to ride...1st thing I did was rode down some steps and away I went. The thing is perfect I have the original pads off after its 1st bath, Its all chromalloy, Race ready, it has some surface rust that is coming off very easy without pitting. Plan is to detail it and go from there I might replace the grips with some NOS and replace the decals that need it. I m thinking of selling it when done to help fund my dream bike. I have all the numbers and spent the whole evening reading CW Racing site . Anybody familiar with this bike?
Thanks
Keith

Attachments

• 100_0294.jpg
    100_0294.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,274
  • 100_0296.jpg
    100_0296.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 785
  • 100_0300.jpg
    100_0300.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 4,288
  • 100_0297.jpg
    100_0297.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 783
Early 80's

Nice find. Good to know they're still out there

Last edited:
Early 80's

Just a guess but it looks like an early 80's frame/fork.

Does it have a serial number? The earliest frames didn't.

Pretty nice Original. I wouldn't do anything other than a detail(clean & polish) if you plan on selling it. Most BMX guys would prefer to leave it as found.

I bought and sold two CW Bmx freestyle bikes last year , Found both in the same week from two different places. I got $250 for one and $150 for the other.

Pictures?

I bought and sold two CW Bmx freestyle bikes last year , Found both in the same week from two different places. I got $250 for one and $150 for the other.
Got any pictures of them or info ? that seems pretty low priced for a Cw Racing bike especially ole School.
Keith

Just detailing it

Just a guess but it looks like an early 80's frame/fork.

Does it have a serial number? The earliest frames didn't.

Pretty nice Original. I wouldn't do anything other than a detail(clean & polish) if you plan on selling it. Most BMX guys would prefer to leave it as found.

t does have a serial number on the bottom of the crank housing. DSRM 41008861 I think your right Im just gonna detail it, although a part out would be very lucrative. I will see what my best options are t's in goood shape and cleans up well, although it is driving me crazy not to put some NOS grips, decals and pedals. It would look like new with some pitting on the seat post I know one thing it sure is getting parts off this tha n the 43 year ole bike I just parted out. My sponser now days is PB Blaster LOL

old Chrome bike CW Racing?

Are you interested in this one...We are thinking of selling Worke perfect Could use a back tire otherwise its a nice vintage ready to ride. PM me if you want more ino or phone number

Attachments

• 100_0300.jpg
    100_0300.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 656
  • 100_0297.jpg
    100_0297.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 581
  • 100_0296.jpg
    100_0296.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,170
  • 100_0263.jpg
    100_0263.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 587
  • 100_0265.jpg
    100_0265.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 687
  • 100_0257.jpg
    100_0257.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 974
  • 100_0267.jpg
    100_0267.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 596
that is not a CW frame or forks mate,the DS in the serial number indicates that it is a an akisu made by the DodSun factory,hence the DS. the stem and possibly the bars are CW and if you still have the stem and the rims,i would like to purchase them from you.lmk if this is possible. thanks

Mr Brass

Back