When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1938 Schwinn Superior

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I read somewhere that the "A" through "C" serial numbers are 1939 although I cannot confirm this as gospel. I've got a Superior with a "B" serial number with one Webb lever and one traditional lever although the actual brakes are early center-pulls.

IMG_2743.JPG

Yes, this bike looks pre-war to me too. The catalogs say 1938 was the first year for production, but most pre-war lightweight Schwinn bikes that turn up are 1939-41 era. Nice and relatively complete pre-war lightweight Schwinns have become increasingly uncommon. Bikes like this have high odds of being parted out because the parts have such high cachet among balloon tire bike collectors. Those brake levers, hubs, cables/housings, and stem are prime targets for a ballooner collector. You often see bike cores, or heavily parted bike projects turn up after being stripped for ballooner parts and lightweight remnants sold off to recoup costs.

Looking at the OP's serial I'd venture to say the bike is a 1938.

Brake handles pull 500-700 each,fore wheel brakes,350-500 each,plus cable housings,.... think you might be wrong.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

KK what you smokin? I think your estimates on the levers are a tad high my brother. Maybe early levers 500-700...the high end on these levers is 500 more like 300-500.

KK what you smokin? I think your estimates on the levers are a tad high my brother. Maybe early levers 500-700...the high end on these levers is 500 more like 300-500.
Talking 10 years ago. Lost most of my bikes in 2008,to feed the divorce attorney. I did get 500 a piece for a couple,back then. Hopefully picking up my baby cycleplane this weekend up at Ted's.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back