When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old Sears 10 speed Free Spirit.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Doubleduty,are you still a guest or have you joined our Cabe family ? 11 years of gathering info on your bike.The Cabe always delivers !!

Looking smart all loaded up and ready for adventure!

I have other modern bikes of course, but for the rail trail I'll be riding this bike on, it will do the job. I also wanted a bike with full fenders, that and just like old school bikes and having owned these kinds of bikes back in the day, just thought it would be fun to put it back on the road and actually put it to use again.

I have a yellow S&R Free Spirit underslung 10 speed with 502 472010 stamped on it. After cleaning and adjusting brakes & deraileurs it's my standby bike for street riding. Does that number indicate April '72? Or is this from 2010?

IMG_20200429_115614.jpg

Sears had 3-speed bikes made in Austria by Puch and Steyr (rear hubs licensed from Sturmey Archer). They continued the relationship during the bike boom and had one 10 speed model built with Reynolds 531 tubing (frame sizes were limited and the only color that I can recall was gold).

My Sears "free spirit" 10-speed all-steel road bike from the later 1970's (not bicentennial colors) is a Murray Ohio build; i believe the yellow head tube with a "502" designator may also be Murray. The frame design used an old Murray feature of a reduced diameter (tapered) rear top tube, where it joined the seat post cluster area.

Back