When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oldest Schwinn Privately Owned

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Now that's a schwinn I'd be proud to own.

Might be hard to find privately owned any older. 'Cause, yknow. It's private...;)

This is a bike I bought that violates one of my rules; thou shalt not by something thy will not ride! If I get a set of Robert Deans I may take it to the end of the driveway and back just to say I rode it but other than that it will be display only. V/r Shawn

I had sent an inquiry to the Bicycle Museum of America in New Bremen, OH asking if they had any pre-1900 Schwinns besides the Schwinn family tandem. They have a nicely restored 1895 ladies bike, an unrestored tandem with a lot of wrong parts--seats, bars, grips, fenders, etc..., a triplet (three rider), and a quint (five rider). So it appears, so far, that tandems seemed to have survived at a far greater rate than single rider bikes. V/r Shawn

I had sent an inquiry to the Bicycle Museum of America in New Bremen, OH asking if they had any pre-1900 Schwinns besides the Schwinn family tandem. They have a nicely restored 1895 ladies bike, an unrestored tandem with a lot of wrong parts--seats, bars, grips, fenders, etc..., a triplet (three rider), and a quint (five rider). So it appears, so far, that tandems seemed to have survived at a far greater rate than single rider bikes. V/r Shawn
Meh, I have like 10 single riders still in the crates in the basement.....[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I was looking through a Bicycle Museum of America gallery somewhere that showed the bikes they had in storage. The tandem they have in the basement is red with straight white pinstripes, not fancy. It is still a rear steer, and the headbadge is still the big old variety. The seats were just like the ones on my bike, making me think that both bikes had the seats replaced around the same time, or the seats are correct. If the seats are correct on the red tandem, and mine, I would like to know how early these seats came out, as an indicator of the age of my bike. Also, my tandem has the detailed pinstripes (albeit, more worn away and crusty) as your bike, so I would think my bike is pretty freaking old...

I was looking through a Bicycle Museum of America gallery somewhere that showed the bikes they had in storage. The tandem they have in the basement is red with straight white pinstripes, not fancy. It is still a rear steer, and the headbadge is still the big old variety. The seats were just like the ones on my bike, making me think that both bikes had the seats replaced around the same time, or the seats are correct. If the seats are correct on the red tandem, and mine, I would like to know how early these seats came out, as an indicator of the age of my bike. Also, my tandem has the detailed pinstripes (albeit, more worn away and crusty) as your bike, so I would think my bike is pretty freaking old...

Here is the bike you are talking about and I believe the bars, seats, pedals, wheels, and grips have been replaced. The fenders were added. V/r Shawn

TANDEM.jpg

Back