When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

On the Hunt in 2022...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
9c5d9a54b00cb1b4d39ffe6348f7448a.jpg

I'd like one of these. But as far as bicycles go. Just various parts for the projects I have going on. But if I stumble on to a " gotta have" bike ..then I'll get it.

Wouldn’t you know it. I got a call from a guy with whom I had spoken with some time ago. “ Are yo still interested in that chrome framed Flightliner that I have?” Made the deal today to pick it up on Wednesday. He’s even taking my 63 Flightliner as a partial trade. I have a correct seat and a tank; I just need to figure out those front fender brace.View attachment 1541274
Got this bike home, put on the correct seat, replaced that funky front fender brace, and checked the model number. This bike’s model number is one digit different than the girl’s bike that I already had. Except this bikes number ends in a 2 which, according to the “Collectable…..” book means it has a kickback rear hub. Same year, same model, just different genders. What were the chances of finding a matching mate just 20 miles from home. Both bikes need the correct taillight. This bike has brand new tires on it and they’re still available. Need to order a couple for the girls bike.

I never really know until it finds me but here are some bikes I really pray I will land some day "off the market" as far as value goes. ....and yes I know I can actively find these bikes right now on here but market value is just a bit "to the moon" for me these days.

-Original ratty Schwinn Cycle Truck
-Pre-55 red phantom (original and ratty)
-the parts to complete my 41 B107 Autocycle
-ratty pre-55 B6
etc etc, cause who knows right!

--last by not least (dont laugh, I know its a complete and total pipe dream but a dream is a dream)
a crusty or ratty prewar Shelby Airflow or Hiawatha Arrow
I just got that two tone green b6 on CABE. Was that one over the moon?

I just got that two tone green b6 on CABE. Was that one over the moon?
With all due respect, a price being “over the moon” is all subjective to how a person feels about the price in question. So me saying something is “over the moon” in price, to another guy might seem like a great deal. So having said that, if you feel great about the price you paid, then what i think about it doesnt really hold and bearing.
....and its not even that im poor or whatever, im just an oldschool, second generation picker and for me, the joy is in the find and the chase and the rebirth so finding one online and buying it ready to go just sucks all the joy out of it for me.

With all due respect, a price being “over the moon” is all subjective to how a person feels about the price in question. So me saying something is “over the moon” in price, to another guy might seem like a great deal. So having said that, if you feel great about the price you paid, then what i think about it doesnt really hold and bearing.
....and its not even that im poor or whatever, im just an oldschool, second generation picker and for me, the joy is in the find and the chase and the rebirth so finding one online and buying it ready to go just sucks all the joy out of it for me.
I was thrilled to get that two tone green! Not too many swap meets or estate sales in my area.
So I shop the CABE. Thanks for the words of wisdom. ——- Mark
Tha CABE is Cool!

Back