When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

On the wall of my local bike shop

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-
I know every body has jumped on the reproduction bandwagon but I would like to point a few things out. The girls for one has the non-side reflector luggage rack that was on the 1950-52's. It also has a truss rod front fork. Neither were available on the reproductions. There were only a couple of prototype girs bikes made, non went into production.

The headlights on both are not the ones offered on the reproductions.

I'm not saying that they are not reproductions because there is plenty of parts like the seats and cheap goosenecks that were on them. They remind me more of the bikes Columbia "borrowed" then returned to the owners repainted along with the reproductions. They did this to one of my fathers bikes. When he got it back all the original chrome parts were missing and replaced with the parts used on the reproductions including the entire wheels. I know they did this to quite a few bikes as I had seen them at the factory when they were taking them apart.
Wow! I hadn't heard that one before. I'm betting there were some people steaming mad when they got their bikes back!

I posted them here because I thought they might be of interest to people in this forum. I wasn't going to buy them, but thanks for the warnings. If I had known they were repops I wouldn't have wasted your time with them. It's disappointing but then I thought they were too good to be true. They are quite high up - I had to climb a staircase to take the photos, so a close-up examination is impossible. Now I suspect that this was deliberate.

hey Bri, you never waste our time!

Thanks Bricycle!
....Maybe they were original bikes that someone decided to "restore" using reproduced parts when these kinds of parts became available.

Anybody around the Southeast MA area, Yesteryear Cycle in New Bedford has an original Orange Krate hanging for $750 I think. Great condition. Not sure the year. As you can tell I’m going off memory from like 2 weeks ago so my exact facts may be a little jumbled

Those early persons pedals from that reproduction were far superior to ones repoped now

I noticed the men’s saddle has a decal on the bottom. Can’t imagine they’d do that on repop stuff???

Back