When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

On to my next bike!

-
Attached is a photo of the work that I have completed on my Hercules Windsor bicycle.

I added a new Brooks B66 saddle, NOS Midland rear rack, NOS pedals, Hungerford Super Jet hand Grips, Space Patrol decals, RI kick stand, headlight bracket, hand brake controls and Her-cu-matic shifter. I still need to add the wheels, tires and cables.

View attachment 1095312

View attachment 1095313

Last edited:
Attached is a photo of the work that I have completed on my Hercules Windsor bicycle.

I added a new Brooks B66 saddle, NOS Midland rear rack, NOS pedals, Hungerford Super Jet hand Grips, Space Patrol decals, RI kick stand, headlight bracket, hand brake controls and Her-cu-matic shifter. I still need to add the wheels, tires and cables.

Last edited:
The Hercules Windsor bicycle is the rarest of all four of the 1953 Hercules bicycles. The most common is the Hercules Tourist, then the Hercules Royal Prince and finally the Hercules Churchill De-Luxe.

My Hercules Windsor Bicycle is near complete. I was able to replicate an exact duplicate replacement sticker for the chain guard. I think the replica sticker complements the looks of the bike!

The bike sports a set of Michelin World Tour tires, Thorn-proof tubes, Union Jack valve stem covers, NOS Midland carrying rack, Hungerford Supper Jet Hand grips, Brooks B66 Tan saddle, Brooks tan tool case, 3" bell, a Queen Elizabeth II Coronation Celebration Badge, a goose neck mounted convex mirror, NOS Hercules pedals, Raleigh Industries kick stand and a replica Hercules Windsor chain guard sticker.

Last edited:
The Hercules Windsor bicycle is the rarest of all four of the 1953 Hercules bicycles. The most common is the Hercules Tourist, then the Hercules Royal Prince and finally the Hercules Churchill De-Luxe.

My Hercules Windsor Bicycle is near complete. I was able to replicate an exact duplicate replacement sticker for the chain guard. I think the replica sticker complements the looks of the bike!

The bike sports a set of Michelin World Tour tires, Thorn-proof tubes, Union Jack valve stem covers, NOS Midland carrying rack, Hungerford Supper Jet Hand grips, Brooks B66 Tan saddle, Brooks tan tool case, 3" bell, a Queen Elizabeth II Coronation Celebration Badge, a goose neck mounted convex mirror, NOS Hercules pedals, Raleigh Industries kick stand and a replica Hercules Windsor chain guard sticker.
View attachment 1152294
Are you ranking the Churchill DeLuxe as rare or common? I have a 53 mens Churchill DeLuxe and a 54 ladies Churchill DeLuxe. They are in the que for refurbishment but a few are ahead of them presently. If they are of interest I have more pictures. Thanks for being a fan of these Brit postwar beauties. We are a small but rabid bunch.

CBBC366E-E725-4C35-B2D3-700E68D5D97B.jpeg

4E9EDC67-2174-4900-86E8-77BC3AD9FC5D.jpeg

As usual I have added, removed and changed things on my twin Hercules bikes. Just like a parent, having 2 human twins, I do not have a favorite of my 2 bikes!

I am in need of a mid 1950s Hercules hand brake control and a Hurcumatic B type 3, three speed hub, for my Hercules Windsor bike that my cousin will be shipping to me from Massachusetts. If any one out there has either of these parts, I would appreciate if you would let me know and sell them to me.

View attachment 1043882
Are the tires 1 3/8 or 1 3/4 ?

those are also designated as 650A tires (ISO 590).
Kenda and Schwalbe make 650A tires.
Grand Bois in Japan offers very nice and racy 32 mm 650A tires made for their marque by Panaracer, and offered in both standard and fine-weave casings.
Any time the dollar is worth more than JY100, shopping in Japan is a good move.

For vintage roadies, they also offer cool things like Binda reproduction toe straps made to the original Binda spec.
Last toe straps you'll ever need - they last forever
WWSj3hW.jpg

Last edited:
Back