When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One dirty Hawthorne

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
You may be able to use 0000 steel wool to lightly knock the gloss finish to a satin finish to better match the frame paint. Or polish/wax the frame to match the chainguard. $.02

@CURTIS L LINDGREN Here's where it's at today. Saddle may be next. Needs greased and covered. Pretty squeaky. Also i think the forks are a bit bent as when i ride with no hands it wants to veer left so I have to lean right to even it out. I do have a matching replacement fork or i could fix the one on the bike that has matching paint.

20190924_113824.jpg

Painting the Chain Guard helped A LOT ! Those Handlebars look pretty good on that bike. Nice choice on the background for your Photo . It Looks GOOD ! Thanks for posting the picture . :grinning:

Well I covered the saddle a while back it's better but the prewar Mesinger is not really comfortable for long rides. Just got an egg crate rack from @tech549 it's in great shape but is resting on the back fender. I need to drop both fenders a bit (you can see the fender gap). I plan on painting the rack red to match (which was painted black previously) and probably put this delta light on it that i got a while back from @CURTIS L LINDGREN I had the Denver license plate on the seat stays but I think it will look good attached to the truss rods on the front. I rose the seat up which will take some getting used to (the handlebars seem to want to bonk my knees now) but getting more leg extension will help. Btw I think these forks look slightly bent. I'm hoping they are and it's not the headtube that's crooked. Thoughts?

20200130_125823.jpg

20200130_125820.jpg

20200131_095115.jpg

20200131_095035.jpg

20200131_094624.jpg

20190715_065602.jpg

Kinda hard to tell but steer tube might be half a squirrel to the right. Use a carpenters square on top of the fork crown with the bearing race removed. The steer tube should be perpendicular with the crown all the way around.

Back