When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

one for JD

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I'm down to donate to a "JD" fund to help him get this. It'd be cool if others donated as well. LMK. Mike

I'm down to donate to a "JD" fund to help him get this. It'd be cool if others donated as well. LMK. Mike

I already offered him funding help but he refused. However if this bike will be bought for him I will chip in just give me the paypal email etc.

It's a really cool bike - some serious tanklights goin on there.

I'm many hours ahead and about to go to bed so if I don't reply right away you can still count on me for a good portion of the 300 for the bike.

Last edited:
Guys, thanks but no need to start a charity fund.
I only had a few things damaged not my whole collection stolen.

I will say the Golden Flyer is on top of my middleweight tanklight my wish list, though.

Doubt the wife would allow the extra $200 + shipping to get it though. She probably wouldnt miss the 1st, $100, I have left over from Eden.
Id be willing to trade a couple of my tanklight middleweights for that one though.
So if someone here does get it, lets work a trade.

Really its nice that all of you ( and hell, I believe that all that posted their condolences and anger and sent me well wishes is about all 4000+ members here on he Cabe) but, no need to do more than you already have.

I originally just wanted to gripe and complain to someone that would understand my sorrow and anger from the other night. And I appreciate the responses. I guess I can still get on my pitty potty every once in a while.

Now lets really do what we do best and talk about this bike.
The rare hard to find dual external tanklight is what makes this classic. The Golden Flyer was just as described ( from what Ive read), is the 50th anniversary offering to Western Auto.

Wonder if the seller would be willing to give it to the cause.....lol....I doubt it.
I'll admit that bike is rare and worth that much if not more.
Wish he lived in my vacinity. Id love to go look at if not just to take some pictures with it.
JD

Now a mean junkyard dog might be a fund gift, idea.....lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
The rare hard to find dual external tanklight is what makes this classic. The Golden Flyer was just as described ( from what Ive read), is the 50th anniversary offering to Western Auto.

Wonder if the seller would be willing to give it to the cause.....lol....I doubt it.
Wish he lived in my vacinity. Id love to go look at if not just to take some pictures with it.
JD

I agree, it's a totally cool bike in good shape. I've seen the lights for sale or the tank but rarely are the 2 stuck together and on a complete bike. CL is frustrating if you have no way to get the bike :(

Pick-up Needed?

JD:
Great seeing you yesterday at Eden.
Had a great time as always.
BTW...I am heading from NC to Wisconsin in a week and could make a slight detour to save you shipping and pick this one up if you can agree on a price with the seller?
Let me know.
Steve K
Greensboro, NC

Guys, thanks but no need to start a charity fund.
I only had a few things damaged not my whole collection stolen.

I will say the Golden Flyer is on top of my middleweight tanklight my wish list, though.

Doubt the wife would allow the extra $200 + shipping to get it though. She probably wouldnt miss the 1st, $100, I have left over from Eden.
Id be willing to trade a couple of my tanklight middleweights for that one though.
So if someone here does get it, lets work a trade.

Really its nice that all of you ( and hell, I believe that all that posted their condolences and anger and sent me well wishes is about all 4000+ members here on he Cabe) but, no need to do more than you already have.

I originally just wanted to gripe and complain to someone that would understand my sorrow and anger from the other night. And I appreciate the responses. I guess I can still get on my pitty potty every once in a while.

JD

Now a mean junkyard dog might be a fund gift, idea.....lol

JD:
Great seeing you yesterday at Eden.
Had a great time as always.
BTW...I am heading from NC to Wisconsin in a week and could make a slight detour to save you shipping and pick this one up if you can agree on a price with the seller?
Let me know.
Steve K
Greensboro, NC

wow man - JD you gotta go for it. With or without help funding. You won't be able to regret it that's for sure!

I did call the listing and the antique dealer said she paid $25 for it from the original owner and knew it was a classic.
She sold to a guy named Eric in Fort Wayne.
Oh well he did well on his negotiations of $250 sale price. Lucky guy.

Back