When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One for their dad...'56 Columbia

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Saving Tempest

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Thanks to @frank 71 this maroon and cream Columbia will soon join the Five Star '1937' replica from @buck hughes at my sister's house.

The grips, handlebars, seat and front fender are out (the fender is not in either shot, in that brown box) and the back is uncovered while the front tire is almost freed up.

I hope to send it over during the weekend or Monday.

1956 Columbia (1).JPG

1956 Columbia (2).JPG

Two more to go.

IMG_0190.JPG

IMG_0191.JPG

IMG_0192.JPG

IMG_0193.JPG

Needs adjustments obviously and the front rim needs truing, THINK the tube night stay up, it's not completely flat and feels sorta firm. Gotta put the reflector and a headlight on it too and BINGO.

My Classic Bicycle News t-shirt and hands officially have grease on them, And I guess if you are going to mess a shirt up that could be the one.

And I might get a rack on it.

My brother-in-law (Dad) came over this morning and I gave him his Columbia...or to paraphrase Philip Roth...

Goodbye, Columbia
His Columbia rack (1).JPG

His Columbia rack (2).JPG

His Columbia rack (3).JPG

Goodbye Columbia 2.jpg

I also sent a bunch of canned and frozen food with him for their family and the holidaze...with the money I got from selling it's original Mesinger seat that came today I also sent that out to it's new owner AND the straightbar rack for repairs and prep for painting and I also refilled my prescriptions for October.

Then I got a PR-2 for the repro headlight and he said he would figure out the grounding problem...I have to go find the Columbia split reflector I have left to send over with Mom next week and he agrees that the tubes should be fine once some air gets in them. He also said he'd go to Boise Bicycle Project and help me get Holly Huffy's rear rim so I can finish all of their bikes in time for Christmas.

Other than getting a picture or two back from him this one is in the books.

Back