When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

one of the most sought after bicycles being worked on Bowden Spacelander

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Spacelander was the Bicycle of the Future, 1946-1960

Or so the say in all the hype of this failure. After trying to sell this crazy idea for 14 years a few hundred were finally made and sold. I grew up in the late 50's early 60's and I can say without a doubt that I and any of my friends would never be seen riding something like that.

Spacelander Mark II.

View attachment 1706467
The bike was not a failure and thats why they only made 522 you dont know the history . At the Bicycle Museum its the most looked at bicycle the bike most liked the best out of 6000 bikes even the PeeWee Herman bike . The bike museum of America has one and they will tell you its on the top of there list .The Carnegie Museum of Art has one as well The Spacelander Mark 2 is very kool but the Bowden was design in around 1942

The Blue bird is a great looking bike for certain and my favorites are the 1930 bikes and older .The post was just for people to see what a Bowden looks like taken apart, i wish I could post the videos I took while i worked on it but that I know of you cant post videos on this thread .I bought the bike from a very nice guy from MI weeks ago and while it was getting sent to me another man wanted to buy it and its a small world its going back to MI as the new owner will be driving to Pittsburgh to pick it up soon so someone likes it lol ,,,,,,it does not bother me at all that people dont like the looks of the Bowden there are many bikes i would not buy and not everyone is the same but I am one of those guys who like the history of bikes and all the styles.I would have never thought I would get into BMX bikes but once you know the history and why some and parts are better than others they are great bikes and the hunt for them is fun.I have the Bicycle Heaven museum and I try my best to find every type and style bike but you cant get them all they made millions.

Back