When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

one of the most sought after bicycles being worked on Bowden Spacelander

-
I don’t get it, what do people see in these? 🤔
Look up the history of the man who built them Ben Bowden A bike like this design in the 1940s was a head of its time ,,it was not a mass production made bike and the first fiberglass style frame thats just a start,,look up Benjamin Bowden he was a industrial designer on automobiles Healey's ,,sport cars design built Winston Churchills amor car ,,Ford and much more

Look up the history of the man who built them Ben Bowden A bike like this design in the 1940s was a head of its time ,,it was not a mass production made bike and the first fiberglass style frame thats just a start,,look up Benjamin Bowden he was a industrial designer on automobiles Healey's ,,sport cars design built Winston Churchills amor car ,,Ford and much more
I will check that out, still doesn’t make the bike appealing to the eye. Love to see the history though 😎

Spacelander was the Bicycle of the Future, 1946-1960

Or so the say in all the hype of this failure. After trying to sell this crazy idea for 14 years a few hundred were finally made and sold. I grew up in the late 50's early 60's and I can say without a doubt that I and any of my friends would never be seen riding something like that.

Spacelander Mark II.

1664861411072.png

Nice work on a rare, significant bike! Like it or not, it was a very forward thinking design of the time.

Too bad it wasn't a balloon tire bike.🤷‍♂️ If I stumbled onto one for a great deal I'm sure I would enjoy having fun with it for a while.

Back