When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

one of the most sought after bicycles being worked on Bowden Spacelander

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I don’t get it, what do people see in these? 🤔
Look up the history of the man who built them Ben Bowden A bike like this design in the 1940s was a head of its time ,,it was not a mass production made bike and the first fiberglass style frame thats just a start,,look up Benjamin Bowden he was a industrial designer on automobiles Healey's ,,sport cars design built Winston Churchills amor car ,,Ford and much more

Look up the history of the man who built them Ben Bowden A bike like this design in the 1940s was a head of its time ,,it was not a mass production made bike and the first fiberglass style frame thats just a start,,look up Benjamin Bowden he was a industrial designer on automobiles Healey's ,,sport cars design built Winston Churchills amor car ,,Ford and much more
I will check that out, still doesn’t make the bike appealing to the eye. Love to see the history though 😎

Spacelander was the Bicycle of the Future, 1946-1960

Or so the say in all the hype of this failure. After trying to sell this crazy idea for 14 years a few hundred were finally made and sold. I grew up in the late 50's early 60's and I can say without a doubt that I and any of my friends would never be seen riding something like that.

Spacelander Mark II.

1664861411072.png

Nice work on a rare, significant bike! Like it or not, it was a very forward thinking design of the time.

Too bad it wasn't a balloon tire bike.🤷‍♂️ If I stumbled onto one for a great deal I'm sure I would enjoy having fun with it for a while.

Back