When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One Scary ride ...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

detroitbike

I live for the CABE
Here's an interesting homemade wannabee.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=163208276477

s-l1600.jpg

I'm surprised it didn't blow apart and collapse when it was used, if it was used. The truss design sure looks totally inadequate.

In a new subdivision I was framing a new two story plan that had a vaulting roof from first floor to second floor. The span was hellacious and the trusses were 2x4 cords on edge and 24" in height. The webbing was spread out like this bike and the roof bounced like a trampoline when laying the 1/2" OSB half way up. I told the builder the trusses were poorly designed but that went in one ear and out the other. I'd guess 30 of these homes (lemons) were built. Two years later you could see the roof on every one of those homes sagging big time from the street. There was a wall running the length of the pitch right next too or underneath a truss and after the roof sagged so far the wall stopped that portion of that roof (4' wide) from sagging any further. That created a big ridge/hump in the roof were the wall is. Piss poor engineering and I'm surprised these roofs haven't collapsed.

Last edited:
Back