When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

one year only schwinn parts...lets list them

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
can we add frames to this

Not sure but are these Schwinn frames built one year only?
and are they the only motorized Schwinn built bike?

Whizzer frame (1948 or what?).... (correction 48- 51')
Dynacycle frame, Schwinn S-8 (pretty sure one year only... 1950)

Last edited:
there are actually 2 different starburst badges.the early,one year only was early 61 and the letters were outlined in silver.the badge you pictured was used later 61 up to 63.nice starburst badges go up to 50 bucks depending on timing,and as low as 30 bucks.
just for the perfectionists,there are variations and my dating may be slightly flawed.

39 DX single year features

ok back to the dx frames in question- i double checked my books and the 39 DX was a one year frame with straight down tube from headset to crankset i'll post some pics but the quality is not good as they most likely came from copies of copies so the bump stop is not showing up in any but the frame can be made out and the fact that the bolt on rear drop stand appears to have the tabs on stand not frame.so 39 had straight bar with old style wing decal and rear drop bolt on tab stand and the 40 had old wing and side stand and the 41 had new wing and side stand and i know bump stop for springer equip bikes and schwinn had that patent I believe so do frames count as parts or not also the 39 and 40 did not have comet paint on frame and had older wing

I'll contest one point from your post. I agree the catalogue shows the 39 with a tabbed drop stand. The 39 straight down tube frames were also made with built in drop stand ears which is another single year feature of that frame. See mine.

9f2cc5729c85c027fa07325b7309b9fd_zps9eb6-1.jpg

Back