When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OOOOOPSY

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

SchwinnSchwing

Look Ma, No Hands!
These damn seat posts made this simple "refurbish" a nightmare. Twisted/broke the original seat posts with a new $10 pipe wrench I bought just for the job. Then scarred up the frame a little trying an air chisel. Then ordered & waited for delivery of an $8 drill that wouldn't work. Then ordered & waited for a $15 drill that worked TOO good & now I have a lighter (ie: FASTER) tandem. Good thing I only paid $45 for this bike & there are a million of them out there. Plus it adds authenticity to the "rat rod" look...lol.
The good news is the old posts are drilled down about 5" so I have room to put the replacements in now & finish this thing up so I can ride already
DSCN0276.JPG
DSCN0277.JPG

If the shipping weren't a killer I'd maybe take that offer...lol. But I actually like the non deluxe. Cleaner look with no cables & the deluxe have holes in the frame for the shifters. I just run a single coaster brake with no front brake in mine. Plenty of stopping power for how we ride it

These damn seat posts made this simple "refurbish" a nightmare. Twisted/broke the original seat posts with a new $10 pipe wrench I bought just for the job. Then scarred up the frame a little trying an air chisel. Then ordered & waited for delivery of an $8 drill that wouldn't work. Then ordered & waited for a $15 drill that worked TOO good & now I have a lighter (ie: FASTER) tandem. Good thing I only paid $45 for this bike & there are a million of them out there. Plus it adds authenticity to the "rat rod" look...lol.
The good news is the old posts are drilled down about 5" so I have room to put the replacements in now & finish this thing up so I can ride already
View attachment 490041 View attachment 490042
Nothing is ever 'Simple" in my shop.

Back