When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OOPS. REPOP. Solid, complete yellow Stingray for $200 in Cleveland

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

cbustapeck

Wore out three sets of tires already!
As badbob‘s comment below describes, I kind of missed the mark on this one. I am leaving the text and images so that others will be better informed.

So I came across this lovely yellow Schwinn Stingray on Craigslist, here in Cleveland. It's $200 and is in solid working order. Serial number starts with AK, January of 1974. The seat looks really good, but the seller says there is an approximately 2" nick in it, which does not go through the material. I cannot remember seeing a basic Stingray this good in a long time.

Why am I not going for it? I like it, but I don't love it, so it's not for my collection. As for reselling, I cannot see it being a $400 bike, as it sits, or $500 having been properly cleaned up, photographed, etc.

All that said, if someone is actually interested at $400 plus actual shipping, I can find a way to pick it up tomorrow and have it ship out on Friday.

00101_d2D2DG760Ff_12w0Mo_1200x900.jpg

00E0E_1XHvWkwiAwY_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00a0a_W5ljwfv0ne_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00x0x_3q6oBuay8ur_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
REPOP! Check out the seat, flat rims, pedals, fat fork blades. All from the 2000 era repop Stingrays. I believe this is probably the Country Time Stingray bike? I bet there is a 3rd letter after the AK.

Last edited:
REPOP! Check out the seat, flat rims, pedals, fat fork blades. All from the 2000 era repop Stingrays. I believe this is probably the Country Time Stingray bike? I bet there is a 3rd letter after the AK.
I feel so stupid. I am so glad that there are better and more knowledgeable eyes than mine here.

Yup, had one of the Country Time lemonade stingrays a few years ago, picked up for $75, cleaned it up and sold it to friend for his daughter for $100. Decent built bike and rider quality for a kid to get into vintage bikes!

Back