When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opal Violet on auction

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
he is one of many people who does not know what mint condition means.
"Looks" like it may have had a repaint since 1964, which would be "mint", but is it really?
Our Original Poster would probably be a good judge of how "vintage" that bike is without original paint.
Seems weird that the bike would have vintage paint and a mishmash of spare parts...

"Looks" like it may have had a repaint since 1964, which would be "mint", but is it really?
Our Original Poster would probably be a good judge of how "vintage" that bike is without original paint.
Seems weird that the bike would have vintage paint and a mishmash of spare parts...
Mr. Coyote,
Im not sure what device (smart phone, iPad or desktop) some of you gentlemen use to view photos, but a small screen is not adequate to discern something like Original paint and factory decals.

I am absolutely certain this L4 Opal Violet is factory paint.
All the wear, nicks and scratches throughout the bike are consistent with a lightly used, but cared for Stingray.

As far as your “mishmash of spare parts” comment, I have to disagree.
As I mentioned in my initial post, I only see two items that are incorrect on this bike. Pedals and reflector bracket.
The tires may even be factory as I see the three circles that are quartered on a Goodyear made knobby for date coding.
Plus there are no “mold lines“ on the whitewall which is a clue to an early tire.

Here are a few samples of my OEM decals verses reproduction decals that you can compare to a real bike.
The round quality decals that have been offered over the years is a dead giveaway.
On the factory decal, both Schwinn (vertical and horizontal) name are the same size. My factory Sky Blue decal as a reference.
The repro decal has larger letters on the horizontal name, plus the entire example is poor!
Factory decals are clear and precise. Repros are ….. repros.

E9F4978C-4E07-4639-83BB-3A47A451104B.jpeg

64FFD98E-FCF3-4C43-995F-E7AEEF7BD40D.jpeg

2C942126-2F86-4CE8-9148-E15ABDEA10C5.jpeg

4CE38283-E63C-4F73-B68D-9195D93FD93A.jpeg

78B8C91D-98BD-4850-89EA-BB45C5A8BD4E.jpeg

97E74C08-8740-44A0-9549-F53DE7CDE195.jpeg

AFA71826-8BD1-415E-8A6C-A4CB59C9EE4E.jpeg

03068011-78DD-447A-86FC-94F067F1AF72.jpeg

Last edited:
I bet tires are not correct,pedals definetly not. Wonder about the bikes date coding? Claiming 98% originality should be verifiable IMO.

Nice looking bike for sure.

Back