When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opaque Red 1974 Schwinn Sports Tourer

-
Thank you, Quakertownrich. There should be some pictures lurking on this site which show the bike with a red Brooks saddle. I was able to purchase it from a fellow Caber, and I thought it looked better with a B17 instead of the dealer installed mattress saddle. This is one of the few Sports Tourers I've seen with factory ordered fenders.

That's a very, very clean road bike. These were well-made bikes in the upper-middle range for Schwinn. I'm not a huge fan of stem shifters or turkey wings, but if' they're correct for the bike, one can't really argue with them. I had a Super Sport at one time, and it too had the turkey wings and stem shifters. It's kind of funny because the other equipment on the Sports Tourer was really good for that time period. It was a fairly serious road bike. That red bike is one of the nicest Sports Tourers I've ever seen.

Just to keep the opaque red thread going. ser.# 1973, although 74 was the first year offered.

D62C1B71-D1F4-4CCC-8F22-2AA06196AE28.jpeg

Beautiful Voyageur 2! I have been looking for one of these for a while but it is hard to find them in similar condition to yours. Tim

Beautiful Voyageur 2! I have been looking for one of these for a while but it is hard to find them in similar condition to yours. Tim
Thank you, I bought it at Saline several years ago as a frame +and have been chasing pieces. Its nice not perfect. Someone stripped the R chainstay and seat lug. I club ride it. She looks good amongst the Madones and Roubiaxs. It rides as well as a Columbus SL or Reynolds 531.
Tom

Back