When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Operation Safety Streamline - Repair the "Repaired" fork

-
I dont want to replace the bearing race. Just remove it for aligning the new steer tube. And then press it back on

Because I'm clairvoyant and can see the future.
Some personal tragedy will unfortunately befold you, and you will be forced to sell your bikes.
I predict, that the buyer for that fine original 1936 Safety Streamline, will be John Atkinson of San Diego.
And since he happens to be one of the best metal fabricators in the country, my thoughts are, why not let him do the repairs, since the bike is probably going to be his anyway.
Just my two cents, nothing personal.

Because I'm clairvoyant and can see the future.
Some personal tragedy will unfortunately befold you, and you will be forced to sell your bikes.
I predict, that the buyer for that fine original 1936 Safety Streamline, will be John Atkinson of San Diego.
And since he happens to be one of the best metal fabricators in the country, my thoughts are, why not let him do the repairs, since the bike is probably going to be his anyway.
Just my two cents, nothing personal.

whoa!
:expressionless:

turdbowkl2.png

I had my Iver fork sent out from the only bike shop I could find that would touch an ancient bike. They replaced the steer tube and that new part broke in the first ten feet! Luckily, it only cracked about half way, so I didn't end up having to visit a dental surgeon. Anyway, be careful who you have fix it!

I think you did good Amanda, selling off the Bluebird and the Mercury to get the two Safeties. It would have never felt good riding the BB around after all the agony you went through to get it. I would have loved to own both Huffmans but didn't have enough gear to sell to buy them and the price Marc quoted me was in the stratosphere. It is great they have been repatriated back to the U.S.A; congrats again! I hope you let me take them for a ride the next time I see you!

I think you did good Amanda, selling off the Bluebird and the Mercury to get the two Safeties. It would have never felt good riding the BB around after all the agony you went through to get it. I would have loved to own both Huffmans but didn't have enough gear to sell to buy them and the price Marc quoted me was in the stratosphere. It is great they have been repatriated back to the U.S.A; congrats again! I hope you let me take them for a ride the next time I see you!

Thanks Brant! I appreciate the support.
The bluebird and pacemaker just turned out to be a rough deal. The bb was emotionally rough. Losing my job during that was real icing on the cake haha.

I definitely never thought id ever have these bikes in my life and it was worth parting with many bikes to get these even higher dream bikes of mine after my new job settled!

I hope to be out on the safetys in january. :)

Back